The blog is an attempt to embark on an insightful journey into the nature of the most important language, English. Avail the blog to keep yourself updated on the course specifications, instructions, notes, sample papers, extra reading material and 'missed-out' tests and assignments.Help the blog to live in all its shades by reading and questioning it regularly.
Think, speak and live English!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Karan (XI C) says: Kudos to class XI for making new students feel a home

First Day at New School.
           After my Secondary Examination results were out, I was trying to get admitted in the desired streams and opt for subjects of my interest. I had secured good marks in all subjects but despite a distinction in science, I wanted to opt for Commerce. I had always wanted to go for Commerce as my interests and aptitude lay there, but the problem was that my school did not offer the desired combination.
          I had no other option but to look for admission in one of the other good schools which offered the subjects of my choice. It was a hard decision to make. I never wanted to leave the school where I had studied since my kindergarten. I knew everyone there. The campus was so familiar and it just felt like a second home. So I was very sad to say goodbye to my school.
         Another difficult thing was to choose the right school. I spent at least 3-4 days talking to people and seeking advice about the best school which offered commerce at its best in the city. I visited a few of them with my father and got the admission forms. I applied to three schools finally but I wanted to get into one of them more than any other.
             With good marks in my 10th, I had no problems getting admitted to the desired school. But it was a very heartbreaking moment to leave all my friends in my old school and to come all alone to a new one. I too was very anxious to join the new school the next day. I spent a whole sleepless night. All through the hours in darkness, I kept wondering how the new school would be. What kind of teachers will there be. How they will treat me as a newcomer.
Moreover, will my fellows welcome me or will they ignore and avoid me as a stranger? Will I be the only newcomer? Will I be able to make new friends? How will I manage to keep in touch with the older ones? With these anxious thoughts I did not realize when I drifted off to sleep.
          The alarm woke me up and I anxiously got out of the bed to get ready to face the new day. The uniform I wore made me feel a little more anxious but I was also feeling a little excited now. The excitement, thrill and the anxiety grew stronger as I could see the school building just a few meters ahead.
          When I reached the school, I didn't know where to go and just followed the school students. I asked a boy where class 11 was so he took me there in front of the class. I was very nervous to open the class door ,but finally, in the end, I crossed my fingers and moved forward and opened the door and found that students in my class were very friendly. Few of them introduced themselves and obviously took my introduction as well . Our class teacher also was a very cordial and a warm person.  We did not have much to do that day. So we just talked and whispered to each other. I made a few friends the very first day and that made me feel very happy.
            My first day swiftly went by. At the end of the day, I felt at home in the new environment and was very happy to have made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment